Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Love Me, You Love You...

oh DUH. if you want to adopt a soldier, go here.

HAPPY SELF-LOVE/OTHER-OPTIONAL DAY efferyboody!!!


there is a big pile of gooey heartshaped sprinkled cookies on our conference table. they are, without doubt, gratuitously all about the day in question. and yet, i think the person who brought them in, did so ironically. he is not of the mushy school of thought. few of us are these days.

he warned us about the goo on the cookies. think about it. anybody who warns you about the goo on overly frosted cookies is not in it for the goo. and if you're not in it for the goo, then it's a sham. it's all a sham.

you don't warn people about the goo. people who warn you about the goo are people who bring their umbrellas to work when there are just 2 or 3 clouds in the sky. people who warn you about the goo are people who do not fall in love, no questions asked.

but then, there are people like me who take analogies too far, and that's an even bigger sin.

speaking of goo/love...

OMG. i am in love with my adopted soldier in iraq. he's just out of high school. loves fruit roll ups ("You can send as many as you like, I never get tired of eating them") and fashion magazines, writes his emails in bright pink and signs them with 'love,' and he just broke up with his boyfriend on valentine's day and is on the prowl again ("I'm going to be fine though, boys come and go").

he is the sweetest thing i have ever known. and i'm getting him his ipod. some way, somehow. he's not greedy. he didn't know we have to pay for the stuff ourselves. the innocent little patootie.

1 comment:

Ron said...

"he warned us about the goo on the cookies. think about it. anybody who warns you about the goo on overly frosted cookies is not in it for the goo. and if you're not in it for the goo, then it's a sham. it's all a sham."

That my friend is hilarious.

Oh and on the subject of flakiness I also hate it with a fiery passion. If I am making plans with a friend that I'm not so sure will flake I always make double non-people related plans so I always have something to fall back on.

Well, I get to spend my V-Day making sure people get the cards/candy/flowers for their significant other. I wish I could just relax and watch the Winter Olympics tonight! Oh well, c'est la vie.