Friday, March 24, 2006

Never a Boast or Brag

i love compliments. i love watching people get them, watching them tickle the back of people's throats before they give them, watching people accept them gracefully, watching people accept them poorly, and you know what i love most. when I GET THEM. i can make one tiny one last for days, years even.

yeah, that's right.

see? that was me gloating without actually rubbing any specific pompous boast or brag in your face. those are saved for those closest to me who are ok with being openly jealous behind my back.

(this is what i tell myself everyday. it gets me through life.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. compliments.

good ol compliments.

reminds me of something someone once said to me:

"i can't take compliments. my mother tells me to be gracious but i don't want to be. i want to be better. better than your words can
express. you know what's i'm saying? transcend the bullshit."

Aparna said...

that's so true. transcending bullshit is as necessary as fighting crime.

Anonymous said...

you know i was quoting you right

Aparna said...

yeah. i like to play hard to get with my own words sometimes.