Thursday, October 23, 2008

If I Ruled the World, I'd Fire Myself and Hire a Kid to Replace Me

In case you didn't notice, kids (if polled at the right age) have some great opinions.

Which is just further proof that they should rule the world now (in terms of abstract matters rather than practical ones such as getting their raincoats on), and not later when they're all growed up and jaded.

I have the luxury of frequenting a children's (ch)art(er) school as a nighttime rehearsal space, and recently, the kids there partook in some kind of current events activity wherein they made election campaign posters for themselves and what they stood for. I deduced this line of reasoning from the many campaign posters all over the hallway walls.

This one was my favorite.

It has all the components of a winning candidate: cool name (check), likeness to Sponge Bob as a skater (check), and a fool-proof platform (check).

Who doesn't like fun?! (Rhetorical, that's who.)

Another girl's campaign poster listed several reasons to vote for her, one of them being "because I am feeling more democratic than ever before."

She wins all the prizes. That is one soundbite I'd like circulated.

No comments: