Monday, October 06, 2008

Opposites Attract My Interest

This weekend I went to a restaurant and used my first set of fat silverware.

I still can't believe this fork was real except that I was there. The spoons and knives were similarly proportioned, of course.

The food incidentally was delicious.

This weekend I also bought my first pair of skinny jeans.

I look nowhere as cool as these kids.
photo courtesy of Flickr and Kirsten Hartsoch

Also it's interesting when you Google skinny jeans, you get a lot of photo close-ups of toes.

Here is another contrast. Have you ever accidentally opened two media links on the Internet at the same time so that they play simultaneously?

I just heard Sarah Palin chattering and being cutesy over the very real, very hype song track Pizza Butt.

1. 23/6's Palin:


2. MC Chris's Pizza Butt:


I don't know what there is to say about the experience except that I wouldn't mind repeating it.

Wouldn't mind in the least!

HERE IS A HAIR PLUG FOR ME:


I am participating in a show next Thursday (October 16th) in NYC as part of the Hysterical Festival, which is a celebration of women in comedy (my friend Diana Saez, a co-mastermind behind the Sarah Palin vlogs, is one of the festival organizers).

There is a fantastic line up of shows including one of my all-time favorite comics, Maria Bamford, headlining, but if you are free for the Ambiguously Brown Comedy Hour, which is the show that I am on...you should come by because that would be fantabulous!

Or if you can't come, tell your friends! I promise all of you will be rolling in your chairs. Even if you're not sitting on chairs. That's how amazing it will be. But you will be in chairs so don't get all worried.

Here is a ticket link!! (Buy in advance, it's cheaper and more mature...)

Date: Thursday, Oct 16th, 2008
Time: 7:30pm
Where: Comix
353 W 14th Street (just east of 9th Ave)
212-524-2500

No comments: