Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Von't Dorget to Fote!

So I voted this morning.

Then I got to work.

And my coworker arrived a bit later, all rough and tumble, and announced it took her THREE HOURS to vote. Lines! Rain! Other things!

Guess how long it took me?

5 MINUTES.

I don't know how such disparities exist, but no, I'm not proud of the fact that my voting process was super convenient and easy as pie. There were lines at my polling place earlier, according to one coffee-toting mom standing near me so she ended up coming back.

Apparently, I just happened to arrive at the perfect time, and there was a bit of a line, but then they announced, "Does anyone have a last name that starts with M through Z?" And one second later, I was bussed clear to the front of the queue like royalty!

Then I got a paper ballot thing and my own special pseudocube to fill it out. And I felt like I was taking a standardized test, but I had only studied for one section of it, and I had to guess on the other ones (by patching together my dim recall of inflammatory radio ads).

Anyway, then I got a tiny sticker attesting the fact and I was out in half a knicker! Which was good because I parked illegally.

At least my coworker got a bigger sticker than I did. That's some consolation.

Also I just got my flu shot at work.

I am a sticker-collecting machine!

1 comment:

Kelly Wolfe said...

you need an "i parked illegally to vote" sticker. that would be awesome. people would not know whether to think you are a good citizen or not. keeps em guessing.