Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Nature Allegedly Bodyslammed My Car

So the sunroof/moonroof (whatever it's called, the romance is dead) shattered and caved on my car over the weekend due to unknown causes, leading to my current state of driving a loaner-groaner.

I didn't get the worst of it though! My parents did because they're the ones who took my vroomster out for a spin and soon realized pieces of glass were falling onto them. Look sharp! Think faster!

I think ice was the culprit here, but it just goes to show, the glass ceiling doesn't break without a fight.

Equal pay, whooooooo!!!

Glass or ice?! Yes, this old game.
photo courtesy of Flickr and ArunMarsh

***

I just spent a reasonable amount of time looking up professional wrestling holds, and I have to say, I'm very, very satisfied.

I need their official naming committee to name some things for me. I mean, the tilt-a-whirl backbreaker?! The Tree of Woe? The Gutwrench Powerbomb?! These are beyond fantastically colorful.

I would never be able to recognize any of these moves, but regardless, I might try to work their names into everyday usage.

As in, could you believe Susette in that meeting today? Her attitude deserved a mandible claw followed by a bridging grounded double chickenwing.

The point is, they're just fun to say! Even more so if you don't know what they are.

I'm told this move is called the Heimlich Maneuver.
photo courtesy of Flickr and ocean yamaha

No comments: