Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Smiles to Go Before I Weep

photo courtesy of Flickr and cygnus921

Today I am feeling fatefully grateful. Warm feeling in tummy and arms outstretched and ready to hug things. I had a wonderful weekend at the stand up portion of the 2010 North Carolina Comedy Arts Festival in Carrboro. The audiences were extremely welcoming, and the other comics were so nice, and there were reunions with old friends and meetings with new friends from all kinds of cities plus lots of easily accessible tasty treats like grocery store sushi, unexpected omelets, and hotel bedside chocolates! I was lucky enough to get to work with Eddie Brill, the booker for Letterman, who is very nice in person, as well as veteran comics John Betz Jr. and Mike MacRae. So I was pretty much walking on clouds with star goggles for most of the time.

In case you think my head has become too fluffy from all that marshmallowy goodness, it was only fitting that my first show back in D.C. was a too-cozy-to-be-trusted Valentine's Day crowd that bored burning apathy holes into my eyes and skin proportionate to how much they did not care for my act. Joke's on them though because that made the weekend seem that much sweeter by comparison.

I am going back there this weekend for the improv portion. Hup hoop. Somebody pinch me, I must be road trippin'.

No comments: