Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Do It All for the Cookie

Unfortunately, I am writing yet another entry about food. I decided a midafternoon cookie might do everyone well on this particular day. I made a choice, I went ahead and purchased it, and then I ate it. Let me just say it was quite unsatisfying. I mean, there are mediocre but passable easy-bake treats, and then there is sub-par gluco-carbery that has been sitting in the display far past its sell-by date.

I'm just saying, can't we donate old baked goods to some kind of home or assisted tasted facility? It's just not right to expect them to function as if they were young skippies fresh out the oven.

Hello beautiful!
photo courtesy of Flickr and inajeep

Also, it's scary to get emails with this subject:
NEW FORM OF BREAST CANCER - WATCH THIS VIDEO*!

...even if they're well-intentioned. No cookie can compete with that educational but sensational noise.

I will pass it around because the guilt and fear will be arriving in, oh, about five seconds...

*If you would like more information on this subject, I refer you to the National Cancer Institute's page on it, and will forego the absolutely scarifying, heartclenching video.

In the true spirit of too little, too late...

YAY BUNNY BOOBOO HAPPY! FUN FUN!

photo courtesy of Flickr and normanack

photo courtesy of Flickr and librarianjill

No comments: