Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Going Hi-Res for the New Year!

Hear no evil.
photo courtesy of Flickr and woodleywonderworks

I hate New Year's Resolutions, but I gotta stop gossiping.

My self-help book tells me I do it because it's an easy and welcome distraction from doing my real life work (i.e., inner passion) as are food products with fat and sugar, napping, crying, and sighing, and that's all fine and good and those are only my favorite things in all the world, but also, everyone's ears are going to burn off otherwise. And that's just extreme.

The rumor mill stops here.

Also, I think New Year's Resolutions are "in" again; they were definitely "out" last year, which explains a lot about the current state of the world*.

*I love making broad, overqualified, sweeping generalizations hinting at fatalism. It's one of the small joys of life.

No comments: