Tuesday, February 24, 2009

That Reminds Me, I Need to Book More Whirligigs

Before we get down to business, here's an excellent link for wide grins.

So this past weekend I was in and around Carrboro, North Carolina again, but this time for improv hijinks with my groups, Jinx and Jackie.

Jackie only had four people able to attend the show out of our team of seven. Look at our new family photo, recently taken! (Courtesy of Steve Swaney, Colin Murchie, and Franklin Pig.)

Here are some North Carolina Comedy Arts Festival photos from the Jackie show below courtesy of Kevin Thom.

We were buying people over the Internet in this scene...
Accusation! Point of order!
Oh gawsh, will this show never end?!
In which I am a monkey...
Still a monkey!
It was all a very good time indeed despite a few stage hiccups on my part.

Most importantly, I got to try blueberry beer! In case you were wondering, it smells like a muffin and but tastes like a beer.

Oh wait, I almost forgot, I also attended the 7th Annual Fearrington Folk Art Show, which is a town proximate to Carrboro via tram, auto, or hayride.

There were zany cars...
Including Miz Thang's whimsical ride...
Fearrington's animal is the (happy) cow!
A chair made out of wrenches. How handy for sitting and fixing things!
I love robots! This one is tall, shiny, and handsome.
And doodly critters! Friendly little guy.
And another robot wearing a turbine, the prototype for a turban (*groan*).
No folk art fair is complete without the quintessential bottle tree!
Take that, corporate America! Get with the folkin' program.

No comments: