Thursday, May 07, 2009

Pseudonymously Putting Myself Out There

So I submitted two words to Urban Dictionary today. Yup. Just checked that right off my to-do list, easy-peezy.

Now, given the nail-biting process and lax turnaround time surrounding my last submission to this veritable and esteemed compilation of humanity's hippest turns of phrase, I am neither expecting much in the way of acceptance nor promptness.

However, so that they may still be celebrated and commemorated in their own right, here are my two submissions:

1. flashgoogling [to flashgoogle] – v. – When you frenetically google a subject/person so fast and furiously that you barely recall your actions at a later time. Also known as an Internet bender or a browsing spree-for-all.

2. swoon flu – n. – When you are so enamored by something, it leaves you bedridden.

On a funrelated note, I wonder if Benjamin Button made a list of "Things to Do Before I Turn Zero."

What do you mean he wasn't real? Ohhhhh noooooo.

BREAKING NEWS: As I was writing the above, the powers-that-be at the Urban-D confirmed that they are publishing both my submissions! Check and checkmate!

(They're not up yet, but once they are, oh, there will be hyperlinking, mark my words.)

4 comments:

Jordan Hirsch said...

Congrats! I think these are both awesome, and well worth the wait.

Aparna said...

I think you are awesome and well worth the wait. Your username is linking all crazy. TGIFFFFFFFFF.

Anonymous said...

This must be what Shakespeare felt like when he submitted all those words to Ye Olde English Dictionarium. Congrats! If comedy fails you can always be an urban lexicographer.

Aparna said...

Ben!!!

I didn't know you were out there in the blogosphere. What a great surprise. Thanks for linking me. I will go ahead and follow suit.

For the record, I would love to be an urban lexicographer!